My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headed my way
Mister blue birds on my shoulder
It’s the truth
Everything is satisfactual
Isn’t that just the most uplifting song ever! I just love it. It’s so zippy, happy and bright.
I guess you can sense that I’m feeling a bit “tip-sy” today. Not drunk tipsy just sassy tipsy! Like I want to be bossy but in a nice, cute, encouraging sort of way. The way you would talk to a two-year old you might say. Commanding but flirty so you get your point across but don’t make the toddler cry.
I have some tips to pass on. A top 10 list of tips to a better you! I’m talking baby food basic tips that can vastly improve your daily life. Try, I mean really give it a good go, to do three or more of these a day. Maybe try a different one every day.
1) sit up straight…and that’s an order. Posture is not only poetic and proper but it engages your core and back. Roll those shoulders back baby doll and sit up tall. Lookie there you’re an inch taller. Who knew? You’re welcome.
Over the weekend, the baby girl teen queen had a group of teens over. I love this time of year when my house is full of loud teenage energy. What I don’t like is when I see them all slumping over in bad form. I drives me bananas. I’m so one of those moms that will call them out and or reach over and sit them up straight. Posture is so important!
2) upon waking and before you go to sleep, say your PRAYERSand return thanks for all of the good things in your life. Don’t be afraid to hold hands and bless the food. Even if you dine out, make it a habit to give a 30 second time out and thank God for the meal you are about to receive. No matter where you are in life there is always something you can find to be thankful for such as home, family, job, friends, health, etc.
3) let the light in! Open the blinds and curtains. Let natural light come in and energize your day organically. If you’re in an office or retail store, take a few breaks to step outside or stand near a window. Take a stroll around your office campus or go out for lunch. Light is an immediate mood booster.
4) stretch it out. Take 3-6 minutes to stand up and stretch your arms and legs. Breath deep in and out and stretch your lungs. Get some deep oxygen flowing in and out. Dangle your head down, stretch to the side, get a good side bend and lift back up. Don’t forget to do some calf raises. AHHHH that’s better.
5) treat your self to a warm bubble bath. Relax and unwind. No tub? Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salts. Soak away any stress accumulated from your day. I love Dr. Teal’s soaking scented epsom salts. Lavender for night-time and eucalyptus for the day time.
6) take a load off. Literally, prop your feet up with pillows. Get your feet above your heart. Elevate your toes and feet while reading or watching Netflix or surfing the web. Your feet take a beating carrying you all day long. Be kind to your FEET!
7) stand on your hands or hold a head stand. Once a day just walk up to a wall and do a hand stand. Allow the blood to rush to your head and hold for as long as you can. This will also create shoulder and core strength. Repeat this several times and circulate the flow of your blood for a much-needed brain boost. Inversion is way cheaper than a face lift!
8) freshen up your drinking water with mint, cucumber, orange or lemon and lime. Adding these citrus and minty flavors to your daily water is fun and full of antioxidants. It also helps fight fatigue and increases mental alertness. The press-a-bottle is my favorite to use for fruit infused concoctions.
9) turn up the volume. Listen to music for a mid afternoon mood booster or rock a classical lullaby at bedtime for a mellow vibe. Music is an instant mood maker. It enhances and creates a cool vibe just like a candle adds a soft glow to a room.
10) suck it in! Belly button to the spine. Train your core to be tight at all times. Tummy control. Engage your abdominal muscles which will produce memory and before long your tight tummy will be flat all the time!!!! At your desk, watching television, at a crowded coktail party, pull it in tight.
11) Want one extra bonus tid bit? Join my 6 week virtual FITness program. It’s for all FITness levels and it gets real results. It’s a self paced program that will tone your body.
If you have questions and or concens, please leave me a comment below.
All access to monthy recorded total body workouts. 3-4 a week instructor led instructional workouts for all FITness levels. Includes a meal plan.
Love, sing and eat clean !!!